All digitised invoices in your FoodRazor can be exported as bills in your QuickBooks account. This guide shows you how to export your invoices from FoodRazor to QuickBooks.
Configure your settings on FoodRazor
In your FoodRazor account, on your left navigation bar, go to Settings > Company Profile > Invoice (Integration Info).
Fill in the following:
- To view your account names in QuickBooks, select Accounting in the left navigation sidebar.
- Copy the relevant account names in Chart of Accounts, and paste them into the Title fields in FoodRazor.
- Remember to click save.
- You don’t have to copy all your account names from QuickBooks. Only copy those related to the invoices that you are uploading into FoodRazor. (Mainly, food and beverage purchases, packaging expenses, cleaning supplies, and the like.)
💡 If you make use of account numbers in your Chart of Accounts, please exclude the numbers when you're adding your account names in FoodRazor. Read this article for details.
- To view your suppliers’ names in QuickBooks, in the Expenses menu, select Suppliers.
- Copy and paste your suppliers’ names from QuickBooks into their corresponding fields in FoodRazor:
- To view your Locations, click the Gear icon at the top, select All Lists, and click Locations.
- Copy and paste your locations' names to match the outlets you have in FoodRazor, in the following Outlet Tag fields:
- GST – tick the "GST registered” boxes if your outlets are GST-registered.
- Accounting Company Name – enter your outlets’ corresponding QuickBooks company names in this column.
- Remove from bucket – If you’d like to clear your bucket after an export, select Yes.
- Invoice images – If you’d like to attach your invoice images along with each export, select Yes.
Export your invoices
1. In FoodRazor, on your left navigation bar, go to INVOICE.
2. Click on the MANAGE INVOICE button on the top right corner.
3. Filter the the invoices you’d like to export.
You can filter your selection by:
- Different outlets – see invoices from selected outlets only.
- Time period – see invoices from a custom time period.
- Supplier – see invoices from a particular supplier only.
- Amended or unamended – see invoices that have physical amendments on them, or not.
- Exported or unexported – see invoices that have been exported, or not.
4. Hit the green search button.
💡 You may only export your invoices to one QuickBooks company, capped at 200 invoices at a time.
5. Click on ADD ALL TO BUCKET to add all the invoices into your bucket for export, or,
6. Add individual invoices to your bucket by clicking on your supplier’s name > outlet name > ADD button on the far left of the specific invoice you’d like to add.
7. Click on VIEW BUCKET, then hit the EXPORT button.
8. You may be prompted to:
(i) Match your suppliers' names (if you've left them out in an earlier step) – Copy and paste your suppliers' names from your Xero account's Contacts > Suppliers page into the fields.
(ii) Assign an expense (Chart of Accounts) group to your products – Select the correct group the product belongs to in the dropdown list.
9. Select Export to QuickBooks.
10. Log into your QuickBooks account, and select the organisation you'd like to export your invoices to.
11. Click on Connect on the bottom right corner of the page.
That’s it! You’ll get an email notification in your inbox when your export has been completed.
Assign your products to different expense groups
If you've accidentally assigned a product to an incorrect Chart of Accounts group (e.g. if you've assigned detergent to Food Purchases), you can assign your product to a different group in your My Product page.
- In FoodRazor, on your left navigation bar, click on MY PRODUCT.
- Assign your products to their corresponding QuickBooks Chart of Accounts groups in the dropdown list in the far right column of your product list.