This guide details the steps you can follow to ensure that all purchase orders created will go through appointed approvers' review and approval before they are sent to suppliers.
1. Turn on Order Approval for your suppliers.
This means that any order that is sent to a supplier with Order Approval set to on will require an appointed approver's approval.
- On the left navigation menu, go to My Supplier.
- Search for and select the supplier you'd like to create an order approval loop for.
- On the right column, under Ordering Information, select Yes for Order Approval.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page to hit the Update button.
2. Appoint specific team members to approve orders.
- Go to Settings > Team Members on the left navigation menu.
- Click on the member's name to access their profile.
- In their profile page, select Yes under Can Approve Order.
- Save your changes.
3. Review, reject, edit, and approve orders.
When any member of your team creates a purchase order to suppliers with the approval setting turned on, members who are appointed to approve orders will receive an email notification to log into their FoodRazor account to review the order.
- Click on Purchase Order on the left navigation menu.
- Look under the tab, Need Approval.
- Click on a purchase order, and preview it on the right column of your page.
- If everything is perfect – click on the Approve Order button. The PO will be sent to the supplier.
- If the PO needs some work – click on Edit, and make changes to the PO before sending it out.
- If the PO is really bad, and you want your team to create a new one – select Reject Order. The user that created the PO will receive an email informing them that their PO has been rejected.